Sunday, 2 February 2014

Freedom

Freedom

Because I could not find the door to freedom
I sit down to write .

' Tree ' I want to write 
knowing well, writing is akin to becoming a tree.
I want to write ' Water '.

' Man ' ' Man' - I want to write 
an infant's hand,
a woman's face ...
With all my strength I want to throw words to man 
knowing well, nothing would happen.
On a busy road, I long to hear the blast
created by the collision of Word and Man .

Knowing fully well nothing will change,
I want to write .

- Kedarnath Singh

Translation - Meeta .

*************************

मूल कविता -

मुक्ति 

मुक्ति का जब कोई रास्ता नहीं मिला
मैं लिखने बैठ गया हूँ .

मैं लिखना चाहता हूँ 'पेड़'
यह जानते हुए कि लिखना पेड़ हो जाना है .
मैं लिखना चाहता हूँ 'पानी'.

'आदमी' 'आदमी' – मैं लिखना चाहता हूँ
एक बच्चे का हाथ
एक स्त्री का चेहरा
मैं पूरी ताकत के साथ
शब्दों को फेंकना चाहता हूँ आदमी की तरफ
यह जानते हुए कि आदमी का कुछ नहीं होगा
मैं भरी सड़क पर सुनना चाहता हूँ वह धमाका
जो शब्द और आदमी की टक्कर से पैदा होता है

यह जानते हुए कि लिखने से कुछ नहीं होगा
मैं लिखना चाहता हूँ।

- केदारनाथ सिंह .



No comments:

Post a Comment